Monday 19 September 2016

A Weekend Away


Hey Guys,
Sometimes the best adventures are right on your doorstep.
This is something I 100% agree with, yes I'm like everyone else it is nice to get away, fly somewhere exotic, heck I was one of those people back in July, creating my own memories in Canada, but it is so much more exciting exploring what your own country has to offer.

Back in August my boyfriend George (Instagram linked) surprised me, as much as he could, by taking me away for the weekend.

It started on Thursday night, I took the train from my town to his (it's in the interest of privacy that I don't name them) where we drove around for a bit before heading back to his so I could meet his parents.
The thought of finally meeting them after 3 months together terrified me, I didn't know what to expect  as this was my first time meeting anyone I was datings parents!
They couldn't have been nicer, and in the end, I felt silly for being so nervous about it, I guess the need for their approval of me meant so much to me.
The next morning we got up very early,   as in 5:00 early! and we were in the car driving by 5:30 George did all the driving, and for the first few hours I slept. By 10:45 we were there, we had made it to Bude, Cornwall. We couldn't get into our apartment till 3:00 so we just explored Bude sat for a bit and got a little something to eat, we sat in the car for a little while and had a nap before giving up waiting, we headed to Morrisons to pick up some essentials and then went to check into the place we were staying and chilled there for the rest of the day.

On Saturday we got up early and headed to a little place in devon called 'Becky Falls" oh the irony! I think it turned into one of our favourite places on the trip. we hiked all the way around the wooded area and then the adventurous side of us took over and we hiked up the rocks on the falls right to the top! it was great fun and not necessarily something I would normally do!



 From 'Becky falls' we headed over to Clovelly, Clovelly is this little town/ village set into a hillside with cobblestone pavements it is a beautiful little place especially with the sun shining down how it was! however, with the hill it was on was so steep I felt like I needed new lungs by the time we walked back up to the car!



 A bit further up from the beach there was a waterfall, a kind of pirates cove that the water ran down in front of, it was pretty spectacular and the cool water was a welcome relief from the heat

when we were finished there we headed back to the apartment for some dinner and an early night after a full day of exploring we were exhausted!

The next day we had a bit of a lay in before heading down to Dartmoor
~you know the film "we bought a zoo?" featuring Matt Damon? yeh?~
well, that's where we were heading. Dartmoor zoological park, there wasn't much there but then you weren't really paying much to get in!



After we had finished at the zoo we called back into Plymouth to break up the drive back to where we were staying. we had a wonder around and walked over to the lighthouse where they had a classic and modern car show which I let George loose to enjoy at his own pace! it got too hot at that point and we ended up going to paddle our feet in the sea  it was a lovely day, though!

We headed home then to get changed before heading to the pub for dinner. 
If you are down in Devon I highly recommend 'The Thatched Inn' for a bite to eat. friendly staff and tasty food 
 From then we headed to Hartland Quay to watch the sunset, it's one of the most beautiful places in Devon especially with the weather how it was and it was definitely very romantic thing to do! 
  


On our last day there we headed up to Lynton and Lynmouth to spend a little time there before making the long drive home. 
All in all, it was a perfect weekend and we learned that we could spend time together without any arguments (unless you count who's paying?) and without judgement. 
I am so lucky to have found someone like him 



where are some places you find beautiful and awe-inspiring in the country you live? 

All my love, 
B xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment